Monday, March 21, 2011

gimpy feet, justine clarke, and 90's rock

im becoming increasingly obsessed with 90's music.
mainly early to mid 90's.
not that i wasnt obsessed in the 90's, but ive found a whole new appreciation for it all.
makes me wish i was just a tiny bit older back then so i could have seen some of these great bands live.
what makes the whole experience even more authentic, is that i only have my fav 90's albums on tape, and we only have a tape player in macguyvers ute, ah i love guessing where each song is when rewinding!
whilst on the topic of music, i remember swearing that when i had kids "there was NO WAY i was EVER buying a kids cd to play in the car!"
well the day has come my lovelies, we are currently rocking out to 'songs to make you smile' by the wonderful, cute, funny, and oh so lovely justine clarke.
yep, TOOL has been replaced with such classics as 'roar like a dinosaur' and 'painting a picture'.
the mini man is mighty impressed!
whilst on the topic of mini men (im queen of the segue today!)
lets talk shoes!
our lovely, little, nearly 4 yr old, mini man has been blessed (or more likely cursed) with my big, stupid, flat, gimpy feet. plus on top of that they are pronated (roll in a bit)
he sees a podiatrist and wears orthotics, but we have to buy shoes with a fair arch in them also just to boost the orthotics.
HOW EXPENSIVE ARE KIDS SHOES?
i mean really?
luckily i dont have a crazy shoe fetish, and live in my 3yr old havianas, and occasionally a pair of 10yr old all stars.
well thanks for you time peeps, im four weeks out from delivering mini man #2, and im determined to get some stock into my madeit store, ill keep you all posted!
peace ;)

1 comment:

  1. Justine is the ONLY children's CD that I have let slip into the car CD player as well :) How are you feeling - I have a week left and I'm stuffed so over picking up toys. Totally hear you on the cost of shoes for the kidlets. These days I would never imagine spending the money I spend on shoes for Lou on myself - just the same as clothes. Hope your well xx

    ReplyDelete