Thursday, March 3, 2011

of nature and nurture...

ive been pondering alot lately about how our own childhoods affect our childrens childhoods?
clearly im all very pregnant, and without a sewing room, im doing far too much pondering for my own good!
so what do we think? do the ways we were brought up affect the way we bring up our kidlets?
my family is the epitome of dysfunctional, for one reason or another no-one seems to have contact with anyone else, and aside from me seeing my cousins, no-one would know each other from a bar of soap.
being more or less an only child, i spent alot of time by myself, wasnt ever aloud to have friends over, and birthday parties were off limits too. (i must add in here that my mum has suffered with bi-polar disorder for many years, and as i have learnt over the years, she just doesnt like people)
so needless to say this isnt at all what i want for my kidlets, the mini man reguarly sees his cousins, goes on playdates, has many friends, and will certainly be having a birthday party every year!
is it a conscious decision we make as parents? thoughts?
anyhoo, we are off on a lil family holiday over the long weekend, im going to attempt to crochet a newborn beanie, wish me luck, ill post picks when we get back!
peace! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment